Anything in the name of procrastination, right?!
So I was meant to do this last year but was crazy busy in the run up to Christmas with my masters exams and working at the second busiest music arena in the world.. yet this year I’m counting down the days until I have have a break from my PhD, eat as much food as possible and catch up with family and friends before jetting off to Amsterdam for NYE.
I put my tree up on 21st November (screw all you scrooges) and have been waiting as long as possible to start playing Christmas music at any opportunity – well that started today, as I’m writing this post.
For my first post I thought I’d write about my take on Christmas.
1) What is your favourite Christmas film?
Elf is my all time favourite as it reminds me of New York (and re-enacting some of the scenes!) but I do love The Holiday and Love Actually.
2) Have you ever had a white Christmas?
I don’t think I’ve had snow on Christmas day before but we have in the run up! I was in NYC on NYE once and it was snowing there to make it even more magical!
3) What is your favourite Christmas song?
Step into Christmas by Elton John – not everyone knows it straight away either which is why I love it.
4) Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Only from the Pyjama Fairy!
5) Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
I worked as an elf one Christmas so I think I’d have been fired if I couldn’t..
There’s Dasher and Dancer and Comet and Blitzen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Vixen.. and Rudolph of course!
6) What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
Every year my and my Dad always have a buffet of party food and make our own mulled wine so the house smells amazing, then we sit and watch The Holiday.
7) Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
I’ve got a delightfully fake and tacky silver tree in my flat with pink and black baubles on it then at home we have a real one.
8) What is your all time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
Starbucks Eggnog latte (I always have my first one at the Christmas lights switch on) and chocolate oranges.
9) Do you like receiving gifts or giving gifts better?
Since I’ve got older I prefer giving gifts, especially now I’m earning enough to buy proper ones!
10) What is the best Christmas gift you have ever received?
2 years ago I got a pair of Ariat riding boots which I had never thought I’d own – doesn’t sound like much but I’d been dreaming of them since I started riding!
11) What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
NYC at Christmas time will always be my favourite place. I’ve got family in New Zealand too so I’d love to spend one Christmas on the beach.
12) Are you a pro- present wrapper, or do you fail miserable?
In between – I usually hide my mess with ribbons and bows!
13) Most memorable holiday moment?
My Dad coming in from his work night out drunk and standing on the shed roof to hit snow off the top of the Sky dish with a draught excluder so he could watch The Ashes at 2am!
14) Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
Every year.. and I fail every year too!
15) What makes the holidays special for you?
Spending time at home and catching up with friends and eating and drinking “because it’s Christmas”.